My hat is off to Zillow for creating their Premier Agent WordPress Website platform! They are using the WordPress Multi-Site platform to create a kick-butt WordPress website for real estate agents. Your new Premier Agent WordPress Website has tons of features which will draw potential clients to your site, and for $10 a month one couldn’t find a better site.
One of the complaints about the site is it’s look … people are saying they are ugly! A website doesn’t get traffic because it’s pretty and people may not stay on a website if they can’t navigate around the site. In my opinion, they aren’t the most beautiful sites out there, but I’ve seen a whole lot uglier.
The point of a site is to get people to:
1. Find it – The WordPress website platform is ideal for search engine optimization so your website can be found.
2. Navigate it easily – Everything your viewer wants to look at should be at their fingertips. These sites are pretty clean, and I found them to be easy to navigate. They were clear, and I could find everything I needed quickly. This user friendly interface should keep bounces to a minimum. A bounce is when a viewer comes to your site, but leaves after a few seconds because they can’t find what they want, they can’t read the site or the site is too confusing. The Agent contact information stays at the same place on the site, no matter what page you’re on. Which is excellent because people will always know where to find your contact info. Also there is a option to add your social media buttons at the top of the site, so people can always find them.
3. Read content that compels them to take the next step – With the inclusion of the IDX MLS service potential home buyers will be able to search the MLS for their dream home. On the search page the Agent contact information is clear and bold, their about info and latest is located in the sidebar for potential clients to read. All of this in an effort to get the site viewer to contact the Agent.
While a site that is easy to read, and easy on the eyes is preferable. Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. Not every website needs to be a work of art, but every site does need to be user friendly. (Some designers forget about the user friendliness and only design for ascetics. Which is a huge mistake and the client suffers with poor search engine placement.) If I was looking at a site that I could get all the information that I needed quickly and easily … I would utilize and stay on that site.
Another bonus of the site is that it integrates with the Zillow CRM system. From what I saw it’s an excellent beginner system to keep track of leads and clients. And the best part … It’s free with your profile and integrates the inquiries you’ll be receiving from your website.
Here’s some more info about the Zillow Premier Agent Websites
Premier Agent WordPress Website features:
- MLS property search through IDX
- City/community/school pages
- Personalized blog
- Ability to display video
- Ability to add custom pages and menus with dropdowns
- 19 widgets and 7 widget-ready areas to put them in, including mortgage calculator, reviews, search by affordability and more
- Home page slideshow for branding and/or featured listings
- Optimized for SEO
- Integrated with the Zillow CRM
Check out a few theme examples at ZillowPress.com:
Live sites to check out …
Why am I writing about Premier Agent WordPress Website? I’m a WordPress Virtual Assistant and Trainer. I will help manage your site, write original content and post it on your WordPress website. I’ll make sure your content gets posted to your Facebook page and LinkedIn Profile. Please call me with any questions you have about WordPress or MailChimp at (619) 770-7716 or email me at Amy@AmyHall.biz
If you need more convincing here’s a great article to read http://www.zillow.com/blog/2012-06-01/top-10-things-you-dont-know-about-premier-agent-websites/