A great way to build – and keep – strong relationships with your customers is by sending them periodic emails.
Email marketing is easily one of the most direct forms of communication you can make have with your customers, and it’s one of the most important elements of the inbound marketing methodology. Creating an email marketing plan can make or break a small business, so it’s a good idea to know what you’re dealing with.
Here are a few insightful stats to help make your email marketing a success:
- Did you know that over 80% of users report reading their emails on mobile devices? And nearly 90% prefer to receive html emails while rest prefer plain text from companies.
- The word “secrets” is the most clicked lead nurturing subject line word, while “posts” and “jobs” are the most clicked subject line words overall.
- Interestingly enough, “click here” buttons get the highest percentage of clicks…even more so than the words “go” and “submit”.
- It turns out that 65% of users prefer emails that contain mostly images vs. the 35% who prefer mostly text emails.
- Saturday has the highest CTR at over 9%, with Sunday coming in as the second highest.
For more information on these statistics, check out this infographic from MainStreetHost.com that illustrates seven insightful email marketing stats for small businesses.