Creating a Website with WordPress
with Amy Hall
Wednesdays, July 11, 18 & 25 at 7:30 pm
Registration Price: $137
Each 2 hour class is taught live and recorded. You will receive a copy of the recording for your reference.
Who is this course for?
If you want to build a WordPress website or if you currently own a WordPress website and want to learn how to use it, this course is for you.
This is a beginner WordPress website course. You don't need to know how to use WordPress, but you need to know how to use a browser and access the webinar software. A laptop or desktop with WiFi access is required.
- WordPress.org vs. WordPress.com differences
- Hosting options - WordPress.com vs hosting companies
- Finding and installing a theme that works for you
- Get to know the WordPress dashboard
- Posts vs Pages - What they are and when to use them
- Create & edit WordPress pages
- What are categories and tags? And when to use them
- How to create menus in WordPress
- What is the WordPress Media Library
- How to add an image to a post
- Working with audio & video in WordPress
- Adding a PDF download
- Commenting options
- Plugins - What are they and how to use them
- Backup & security solutions
You'll receive additional resources that will take you through the same site building process I take my own clients through.
- Anatomy of a WordPress website guide
- Recommended plugins and vendors
- Anatomy of an opt-in
- Email marketing basics
- How to write great headlines
- 100 Questions your potential clients want answers to
- The magic sentence formula
- The action verb list
- My personal list of stock photo sources